Demola Spring 2018 - Deadline extended - 3 additional projects - Call for Applications open 20.12.2017 - 04.02.2018!
Wed 20.12.2017 – sophie.chaix_12
DEMOLA is a new innovative course program powered by Université Côte d’Azur (UCA) where students work side by side with companies to help them solve real-life cases in multidisciplinary teams across all UCA members & partners. Demola is an open innovation platform operating in 14 different countries, but the first one in France!
Apply to Demola Spring 2018 projects if you want to make a difference, work on real-life cases together with (not for) partner companies, be innovative and creative, take responsibility and be the expert of your field, brainstorm within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, create concrete demos and receive ECTS credit points or bonus innovation, or replace an internship or a course**.
The first cases have been published on our website for the next season. More will be added in the coming weeks.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Any student from University Côte d’Azur (UCA) members & partner institutions* can apply for DEMOLA. Since we are looking for diversity, we welcome students from all fields of studies. DEMOLA activities operate on the basis of different skills, ideas, and talents of students with diverse educational backgrounds. We welcome Masters & PHD students, but all talents can apply! You can join DEMOLA in two ways on different terms, curricular or extra-curricular!
WHAT CAN DEMOLA OFFER YOU AS A STUDENT?
- Team up with an international team of talented students, innovative companies and forward thinking universities & schools.
- Take your future into your own hands and practice your skills and knowledge on real-life cases.
- Earn up to 10 ECTS towards your diploma/ degree or get bonus innovation points while working on challenges which will lead to your future career & boost your CV. In some cases, it can replace a course or an internship! Or event get an 8 ECTS certificate from the Open University of Tampere! Contact us to check your options depending on your university program**.
- More than just studies. Demola projects give you the chance to produce results that you own and can develop further or are bought by the partner company.
- Boost your innovation & co-creation skills!
We are looking for talents! Demola is for everyone, and you can freely apply to any project that interests you. The most important aspect is to have the right attitude and confidence that you can contribute to the project in some way. Your major, minors, skills, passions or hobbies can become an essential piece of the puzzle in building project success.
In Demola, we use agile methods instead of the traditional R&D, and we have a great variety of challenging topics from different project partners. We have also adjusted our process to match the universities' periodic system, which means that we have two sessions a year, in the spring term & in the autumn term.
GOOD TO KNOW
As Demola projects last for one period, they offer you a chance to work intensively with other students as well as your project partner. That is why we are also looking for motivated students. Your team will manage and decide when you want to work on the project, although Demola has 9 milestones that require your presence. The Spring season begins early Feb 18. and ends mid April 18.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications are now open for the Spring 2018 season!
Check out the projects in https://cotedazur.demola.net/apply, choose the most interesting project for you and click "apply". You then need to choose up to three projects you would like to work on in the application. We will then select one of your three projects and create heterogeneous teams, according to the skills needed for the project.
Call for Applications is open from 20.12.2017 to 04.02.2018, so apply now!
You need to apply at the following link and The project will start early Feb 18 and will end mid-April 2018.
All questions including selection procedures can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check out our news and videos for a glimpse of what it's like to participate to this innovative progam! (Twitter, Facebook and Youtube @demolacotedazur)
* Université Côte d’Azur (UCA) members & partners:
- The University Nice Sophia Antipolis (UNS)
- The Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur (OCA
- The Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) of Nice
- Centre National de Création Musicale
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Art Villa Arson
- Ecole Supérieure de Réalisation Audiovisuelle (ESRA)
- The Sustainable Design School (SDS)
- Ecole Supérieure de Danse de Cannes Rosella Hightower
- Conservatoire National à Rayonnement Régional de Nice (CNRR)
- MINES ParisTech (for its site at Sophia Antipolis)